Tips on Maintaining Your Connecticut Roof
Like any part of your home, proper care and maintenance of your roof will help extend its service life and ensure that your home is properly protected against the rain, wind, snow and ice that make up our New England weather.
Here are some tips from Vinylume, one of the most experienced and successful Connecticut roofing contractors, on how to properly maintain your roof.
WARNING! Use extreme caution when accessing your roof. Better yet, call a professional Connecticut roofer to conduct a thorough inspection on your behalf.
- Have your roof inspected every 3-5 years.
- If you roof is more than 10 years old, have it inspected every year.
- Look for missing, cracked or curled shingles and signs of wear.
- Look for penetrations of the shingle layer or roof deck.
- Check flashing to make sure it remains properly sealed.
- Inspect chimney for spalling, cracking or loose bricks.
- Keep your roof clear of debris, leaves and pine needles.
- Remove moss, mold or mildew.
- Trim overhanging tree limbs.
- Keep gutters clean and clear of leaves and debris all year long.
Get a Free Quote
Call us today at 866-260-1641 or click here for a FREE, no obligation consultation and estimate.