Our commitment to environmental responsibility is shared by Renewal by Andersen. Here are five ways in which we are working to minimize the environmental impact of our products and processes, which also help to reduce your home’s carbon footprint.
- Renewing Existing Homes – Did you know the typical American home uses more energy and is responsible for more carbon emissions that the average automobile? Making homes more energy efficient benefits property values, neighborhood livability, and keeps older homes relevant longer. Replacing inefficient windows and doors is beneficial in lowering your energy cost and consumption, and gives you more control of your comfort and pocketbook.
- Indoor Air Quality – Poor indoor air quality is one of the top 5 health hazards in America. Our windows are designed and built responsibly to minimize chemicals and toxins. In fact, Renewal by Andersen is the only window company to receive the Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) Indoor Advanatage™ Gold Certification.
- Recycling and Reclaiming – Renewal by Andersen windows are certified as having the highest recycled content of any replacement window company. The Renewal by Andersen Fibrex® window materials contain 40% reclaimed wood fiber by weight. And the window’s Low-E4 glass is made from a minimum 12% reclaimed glass by weight.
- Reduced Energy Use –The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that windows can account for as much as 40% of your annual heating and cooling costs. Renewal by Andersen windows can significantly reduce energy consumption and save you up to 25% on your energy bills.
- Long Product Life – Renewal by Andersen windows are made to last, and are backed by one of the strongest warranties in the industry. So you won’t find many of our windows cluttering up landfills.
Get a Free Quote
Call us today at 203-406-0889 or click here for a FREE, no obligation consultation and estimate.